Trench Plate Rental Company has an exciting opportunity for an Outside Sales Representative for our Denver, CO. Branch.
This is your opportunity to take ownership of a new Denver territory and promote the rental and sales of shoring equipment and solutions for the construction industry. This role is part of a brand new branch location and represents an exciting, ground-floor opportunity. You'll build your customer base through new account generation and hunting for new business and we expect it to be a very busy branch that will take a great deal of dedication.
Summary: On a daily basis, you'll be out in the field, consulting and building relationships with contractors, developing a pipeline and closing deals. It's a great opportunity to work with a respected company in a growing industry, join a talented group of people and build your career. We offer a competitive base salary and uncapped incentive. Prove yourself a star and you'll find room for advancement at Trench Plate Rental Co. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager and General Manager, you will be responsible for growing and establishing a book of business within a large territory in Denver.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Cold call for new business, while supporting existing business.
- Build a pipeline of potential opportunities.
- Provide updates to existing customers on TPR product modifications, changes, and enhancements.
- Act as liaison between the Company and existing customers for up to date condition of pricing, service, and latest product release launches.
- Leverage marketing data to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of sales calls and promotions.
- Prepare reports for sales and maintain expense accounts.
- Assist and train new hires in TPR products and construction methods, soils and general sales concepts.
- Assist outside engineers, inspectors, and other government agencies as it relates to TPR products and services.
- Be in the field every day during the prime sales hours -- post-job setup and pre-closing.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or 2+ years of successful outside sales experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in the construction industry, or a combination of sales and construction experience, ideally in underground construction.
- Experience with equipment rental is strongly preferred, ideally construction rental.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Solid sales fundamentals (generating leads, building a pipeline, overcoming objections, closing business, etc.). If you have a strong background in construction and the drive to sell, we will help you fill in any gaps in your sales training.
- The ability to maintain and expand existing business, as well as close new business.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CRM experience. Comfort learning new software. Strong presentation skills and the ability to present one-on-one or to a group.
- A team-oriented approach to doing business; ability to work independently and as a strong team member.
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain/teach product and related information to clients, prospects and new hires.
- Basic math skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- A competitive nature and drive to win.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Bilingual English / Spanish is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time-Exempt
Why work at TPRCO: We offer a competitive salary and Comprehensive and generous benefit package.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision discount plan
- 401(k) plan
- Profit sharing plan.
- Health Care flexible spending account
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid holidays
- Paid Birthday and Anniversary Holiday
About us: Trench Plate Rental Co. (TPR) is a multi-state construction rental corporation with over 35 years of excellent performance. We offer Trench Plates, Steel Trench Boxes, Aluminum Shoring and many other items associated with Excavation Shoring. We have locations in California, Nevada, Texas, Illinois, Colorado, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Utah, New Mexico and Florida, and our Corporate Offices are in Downey, California.
Trench Plate Rental Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.